DLT GRID DL PET is a flexible geogrid with a nonwoven geotextile to facilitate the installation process. It consists of a high quality polyester geogrid and a very light geotextile, weighing less than 30g/m². Both components are bituminous coated. The functions of the nonwoven geotextile are to facilitate installation and to enable the geogrid to completely adhere to the existing asphalt layer.
The advantages of using DLT GRID DL PET are:
- Rehabilitation of asphalt layers in roads and airports
- Extension of the roadway, in the transition area between the old area and the extension, to avoid the appearance of longitudinal cracks.
- Resurface to prevent the appearance of open joints in the new asphalt coming from the old pavement.
- Prevention of cracks due to modifications in the structure of the pavement or the pavement base.
- Minimize expansion and contraction movements caused by thermal changes in new pavement layers.