DLT GRID DL GLASS is a fiberglass geogrid with a lightweight geotextile. External effects, such as traffic loads, earthworks and temperature variations, cause cracks and deformations in the bituminous layers, making it difficult for traffic to pass through. DLT GRID DL GLASS geogrid strengthens asphalt layers and prevents deformation. The use of DLT GRID DL GLASS increases the dynamic load capacity by distributing the stresses. The reduced cracking obtained with the use of this type of geogrid gives a longer life to the asphalt layers of the roads.
The most important advantages when using DLT GRID DL GLASS geogrid are:
- Increases the pavement useful life
- Easy, fast and economical installation.
- Can be installed at low temperatures, according to emulsion and asphalt installation details.
- It has a modified polymer as a bituminous coating that protects the fiberglass from mechanical damage.
- This geogrid offers high tensile strength and tear resistance.
- Reduces the fatigue of bituminous mixtures.
- Strengthens the different layers of asphalt.
- Delays the appearance of cracks and minimizes them.
- Recyclability of glass.
- Excellent adhesion between layers due to the presence of the geotextile.