Applications and advantages of using polypropylene fibres.
Polypropylene fibres have certain features that make them an ideal complement to achieve specific advantages when used for building works, more specifically, when added to concrete.
They mainly comprise continuous or discontinuous polypropylene fibres arranged within a plastic matrix. Below are some of the reasons why polypropylene is used as a reinforcement material:
- Good value for money.
- Versatility: compatible with most existing processing techniques and used in different applications.
- Because they are the plastic material with the lowest specific weight, lower amounts of material are required to obtain the finished product.
- Mechanical properties: polypropylene can achieve a good impact/stiffness balance.
- Chemical properties: excellent chemical resistance to common solvents.
- Good dimensional stability when exposed to high temperatures.
- Vapour barrier: prevents the transfer of moisture.
Polypropylene fibres are used in the following applications:
- Industrial pavements.
- Highly resistant concrete. Industrial grounds.
- Special mortars.
- Precast concrete.
Among the advantages of using polypropylene fibres for reinforcement purposes are:
- More cost effective, fast and easy to use alternative to mesh as a reinforcement method.
- Reduces the formation of retraction and contraction cracks.
- Saves time during the construction process as it can be applied directly after combining with concrete.
- Lower labour costs due to requiring less steps during the execution of the building works.
- Provides a secondary, uniform reinforcement.
- Easy to mix with concrete at both on site and at the manufacturing plant.
- Non corrosive and non magnetic material.
- Provides added tenacity to structures.
- Increased impact resistance while preventing erosion.
- Provides safety at building works.
- Provides 3D strengthening.
- High traction resistance.
If you need further information or prices for our polypropylene fibre products, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com