- Appearance of dampness: the low intensity polyethylene sheet prevents the appearance of dampness in the soil due to the absorption by capillarity of the soil, it can be used to wrap any type of building materials, protecting and waterproofing any material left outdoors.
- Surface coating: DLT LAMINA PE covers surfaces in order to avoid friction and cracks in the concrete and to reduce the absorption of water from the concrete mixing process.
- Using plastic sheets for quilting is a widely used method in agriculture to defend the soil and crops from harsh weather conditions.
- Prevents the soil from drying by blocking water evaporation, resulting in benefits for the plants that can receive a constant and regular feeding. Maintains humidity at low depth resulting in higher root development towards the laterals.
- Avoids strong soil temperature variations between day and night.
- Increases soil fertility, raising the temperature and soil humidity levels which result in improved nitrification and, therefore, improved nitrogen absorption by the plants.
- Prevents the emergence of spontaneous weeds due to the high temperatures achieved underneath the plastic sheets and by overshadowing daylight, thus improving performance through higher nutrition efficiency which results in earlier crops.
- Avoids direct contact of fruit with soil therefore obtaining higher quality and presentation qualities that makes them more competitive.